Winter is a wonderful time to practice some crafts. Not only is the weather cold, but outdoor activities might not be an option. These crafts can also serve another purpose. You can make your own centrepieces to decorate your dinner table. All you need is a few basic supplies and you will have an amazing and versatile display.
- Fresh flowers and greenery
- Long, thin stick
- Plastic wrap
- Small clear bowls or glasses (like whisky glasses)
- Start by trimming the stems of your foliage and line your vase, bowl, or glass.
- Add a layer of plastic wrap. You should tear the plastic wrap to about two to four times the size of the vase or glass.This way it will ‘scrunch’ up inside.
- Use the stick to gently press the plastic wrap into position.
- Depending on the size of your vase, you might want to add another layer of greenery and then another layer of plastic wrap.
- Now you can fill the vase with fresh water until it is almost full.
- If necessary, you can use the stick to re-position the plastic wrap.
- Top with flowers or flower petals. For Christmas, the best colour to use is red or red and white.
- You can make any size you like and you can even make several displays in various sizes to create a beautiful tablescape.