Weddings, birthdays and other happy occasions give us all reason to celebrate. Such events call for food, music, fun, and décor. It’s also the best opportunity for snapping some memorable photos. If you want to make those pictures even more interesting, why not create a floral photo frame for your guests to use?
You will need:
- A large photo frame
- Styrofoam tube
- Gold wire
- Flowers and foliage (fresh or silk)
- Glue, glitter, and any accessories you like
- If you are using an old frame and you want to spruce it up first, you can apply a stain or some spray paint.
- Cut the foam to the suitable length before slicing one of the sides so that you can slip it over the edge of the frame. You’ll want to place one piece along one of the top corners and another piece on the adjacent side. Use the gold wire to secure the foam to the frame. If you like, you can do the same on the opposite corner or you can leave it plain for another decorative item.
- Now trim your flowers and insert the stems into the foam. The stems should be just long enough so that they will anchor the flower. Make sure that your leaves and flowers conceal the foam.
- Finish off your design with some accessories or glitter if you like.
- Depending on the event or the theme, you can add something fun to the opposite corner. Some examples include a pair of hearts for a wedding, a birthday cake, or even a pacifier for a baby shower. Use some hot glue to secure this decorative item to the corner and you’re all set! Wooden decorative items are great but you can also print your own on firm paper and reinforce using cardboard backing. Get creative and have fun!